Saturday, October 13, 2007

My new life?

So, the past few days I have been going to the school to sign contracts and do teaching observations. Most likely I will be teaching younger kids, which seems pretty intense. I observed two classrooms yesterday, the first was a total mad house, within which the teacher had little control. She told me her nerves were shot after each class with these kids, and after spending just 40 minutes with them, I could see why. The other class was totally different, yes it was total chaos, but it was a beautiful and productive English language learning chaos. Here is a clip I managed to smuggle out of class with my camera hidden underneath my desk.


They are playing a game of ESL charades and this is the last sentence that the students have to guess. I love how this scene includes a student in a headlock, a body slam, then full out rush on the charade mimes all for the sake of learning English. Believe it or not this is the well behaved class!
I have no idea what is in store for me. God help me!

1 comment: